Monday, August 3, 2009

My baby's not a baby anymore


I can't believe this Saturday Emilee will be 4, it just doesn't seem possible to me. Where has all the time gone??? I'm not as upset about this birthday as I was her 2nd. I actually cried that morning. I swear just yesterday I was pregnant with her and now she's going to pre-k.
Emilee is such a sweet girl, ya she has her moments but for the most part she's amazing. If you would have told me right after she was born that she would be this easy of a child I would have laughed at you. She was a horrible baby. Cried all the time, hated food and was just a pill. But then 18 months came along and poof she was great. We could take her any where and do anything with her and she's was perfect. The time I realized Emilee had matured is when we went out to eat at Mac's. It was kinda late when we got there and then there was a wait, we finally got seated and had to wait some more for our food. The whole time Emilee was amazing!!!! She was so patient and polite.
Emilee is the best big sister I could have ever hoped for. We were a little worried about how she would react when Lily got here but there was never a jealous moment. She's so sweet to Lily even when Lily doesn't deserve it. She truly loves her baby sister. Now I just hope this lasts when they're teenagers. They are getting to the age where they really like to play with each other. It's really cute. Emilee will set up a whole tea party and Lily will sit there for all of 10 seconds and then start taking all Em's cups. Emilee gets a little frustrated but is never mean to her.
I could go on forever about how much this sweet girl means to me. I couldn't have asked for a better little girl. She's such a joy to be around and I cherish every moment we get. I love you Emilee Taylor and you'll always be my baby.

0 comments: