Friday, July 31, 2009

Casey Ryan

I'm so proud of my husband. He does so much for us I don't think I could ever thank him enough. Casey has been a recruiter for 2 years now and I think is finally getting in a groove. There's alot of stuff to go through in order to enlist people in the Air Force.

Yesterday Casey had his fit test and annual evaluation. Of course he blew everyone out of the water during the fit test, that's just Casey. He's 29 can out run anyone and eat anything and not ever gain weight, without having to work out. Must be nice. I look at food and gain 10 lbs.

Well when you do your annual evaluation you get the form that your flight chief, superintendent and commander fill out. At first I just glanced over looking at the checked off boxes but then Casey told me to read the whole thing. His flight chief and superintendent wrote some really great things about him.

Msgt Miller wrote that he was a true mentor, has stellar appearance and is a team player. He also wrote that he's the flight's top recruiter and has out performed 6 other recruiters. His last sentence was the most important.
Ready for next step; only missing stripes... has outperformed more seasoned Tech's and Master's-- promote to Tech now. (For you non military people this is awesome.) TSgt is the next rank up and would mean more money!!! Now the odds of this actually happening aren't too good but it's still great to think his flight chief thinks so highly of him.

Ok so his Superintendent is his flight chief's boss (am I losing you??) and she wrote:
Casey's enlistment success was key to the squadron vaulting 14 positions in the national competition moving up to #3. He is a superstar recruiter; exceeds all expectations... will excel as a career recruiter---promote to TSgt immediately.

How great is that? Now remember, odds are against us that this could actually happen, but this is so flattering none the less. Casey is an awesome worker and doesn't always get the recognition he deserves. So here's to you baby!! I'm so proud of you. I love you!


0 comments: