Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Yes I'm fully aware that I'm a dork!!

I can already here it from Katie on how big of a dork I am. But in honor of our 10 yr. reunion coming up next month I made a playlist of songs. Since I got my new car and I have XM for 3 months I've been hooked on the 90's on 9 station, it plays so many songs that we use to listen to in high school.
I loved high school and it's fun to go back through pictures and remember all the stupid crazy things we did. If I had to pick a favorite year it would probably be my senior year. I'm sure that's the case for alot of people. But our senior year we were all so close.

Some of my favorite high school memories:

Parties- it's hard to just pick one since there was several every single weekend. But halloween at Marks and all the parties at my house would probably be top on my list. (Jeni owes me big time for all of those. She always promised to stay and help clean up but would disappear at the end of the night).

Soccer games

Men in Black and the stupid dance that went with it. Jessica and Shannon I expect you to bust it out at our reunion so get practicing.

Listening to the Grease soundtrack and the remix one Shanny had. I think we had that whole cd memorized. Ya we were cool.

Slumber party at Shannon's for the first day of school. (Not sure it was the smartest way to start our senior year, but it sure was fun)

Katie always having cups that were bigger than her.

Making signs at Wendy's for the Martin/Mansfield game and then going to roll all the mansfield people. The best was Kristen Jones' house. And yes Katie you were there, I'll get my pictures out to prove it. Twizzlers

Eating popcorn and peanut butter-chocolate chip cookies with Jessica and watching Hope Floats for the 10,000th time.

Taking a picture in my car with Jessica while listening to Sister Hazel. Jess I know you remember what I'm talking about.

All for you by Sister Hazel. This obsession started my junior year after a party at Blake Hays' house. To this day it is still my absolute favorite song.

The upper gym lobby. This was probably the only time in my life that I ever got some where early. Some how I managed to get to school at 7 just so I could socialize before the first bell. Atleast I had my priorities straight.

Playing darts with Katy.

Watching all the guys sing Road goes on Forever at Prom. Looking back it was kinda silly, but it was still fun.

Our graduation party at Courtney Marnell's. There are no words to describe how much fun we had there.

Our senior trip. All of it was fun but the thing that sticks out most in my mind is Katie packing Jeni's suitcase the morning we had to go home. Katie was always such a good mom. And this memory makes me laugh out loud every time.

Matt Craft's apartment and the fact that Jessica and I spent an entire day cleaning it from top to bottom. Jess I don't think he ever took us out to Chili's for payment.

Mine and Jeni's apartment. I'm a really hard person to live with (shocking, I know) so Jeni and I really only got along the first and the last month out of our lease. The crazy lady underneath us would bang on the ceiling if we were to load. She would also throw trash up on our balcony. Classy.

Jessica. Everytime we were together we did the stupidest things and thought they were hilarious. We still do and everyone still thinks we're crazy. Zima, windshield wipers, taking the picture in the middle of the night in cancun and hearing Jeni and Katie getting mad at us. (just to name a few)

There are so many more memories but I don't want to bore the people who weren't there. Plus I'm kinda forgetting some of them. I guess I need to bust out my planners.

If I was in the 21st century I would have a scanner and be able to upload some of these pictures, but I don't. And it would be so hard to just pick a few.

4 comments:

Mom said...

Love your memories, always cherish them.

The Bradley's said...

Ok, so I think it is a little dorky but it is great! We had such a great time and I will never take any of our friendships for granted! It is a amazing how we can go weeks, months or even years without speaking but we are all still so close! I have so many memories that I will forver be grateful for! I'll be has to be a great remembrence for our Sr. Year!

Cara said...

first of all..i cannot belive you just gave JONES' Crab Shack a shout out on your blog! haha..yes..that is what we, THE MANSFIELD TIGERS, called her. Second, loved senior year..that is when I met all your MARTINites. Love your memories..write them down so you don't forget..oh wait, i guess you just did! LOL!

Jeni said...

PLEASE bust out the planners...haha! You forgot one very important song/memory- What was the song we used to blare in my firebird while leaving for lunch?!?! Something about a motorcycle and it was from like the 50s?!?! We even had hand movements to go with it. HAHAHA. Yes, I'm a dork too. Its cool to be a dork :)