Friday, May 1, 2009

Fish

For Easter Casey, Granny and I bought the girls a fish tank. I was really excited to do this for them but it has turned into a big undertaking. I swear we've been to Petsmart 1000 times these past few weeks. But it's worth it, the girls love watching the fish. Initially we bought 5 fish and 2 frogs and I decided to let Emilee name all of them. I thought I'd share their names because it cracks me up. So here are the types of fish and their names.
Black Molly - Tree
Dalmation Molly- Spot (this is the only normal name she chose)
Golden Molly- Cash
Swordtail- Buster (she'd just finished watching Tigger and Pooh)
A big one that I can't remember the type- Lobster
Frog #1- Dula (Dula has since died and been replaced by Volcano)
Frog #2- Percy (Percy has also died and was replaced by Glasses)

I have no idea how she came up with all of these names but it cracks me up. And I think the best part of it is that she actually remembers them all. If I call them the wrong name she is quick to correct me.
Spot also had about 30 babies but we're down to 6. They're pretty stinkin cute, but we're over our fish capacity for our tank, so I'm not too sure how that's going to work out.
I have pictures of our fish but they're on my camera still and I'm too lazy to walk to my room to get it. Maybe later. Well off to study, again. Hopefully next week we'll be my last week to study. Well until my Maymester class starts.

2 comments:

Cara said...

is this a self cleaning tank? Thats the kind I need. I dont' like touching anything...let me know how this works???

Lisa and Ryan said...

Hey!! Thanks for your comment- I didn't know you had a blog! I'll add you to mine. Your girls are absolutely precious!