Friday, January 30, 2009

Tuesday

One of my favorite blogs to read is Steece's Pieces, well yesterday she posted a blog about a little girl named Tuesday and her fight with cancer. All day long Tuesday was on my mind so tonight I took a break from studying to read the blog. http://half12.blogspot.com/ . I read the whole thing. I'm numb and I've never met these people before. I read through their stuggles and their victories bawling the whole way. As I was reading the last entry I looked up at the top of the page and saw that Tuesday died this evening. And since then I haven't stopped crying. How this could happen to a sweet little 2 year old that was fine 6 months ago is beyond me. I can't even imagine what it must feel like for everything to be fine one moment and the next to be fighting cancer in your 2 year old. My heart breaks for this family.
Reading this blog has made me thankful I have two healthy and happy kids. Kids I will never take for granted and kids that will always be the center of my everything. My "new" New Years resolution is to cherish the small stuff. This is something I don't do enough of. I need to write down every silly thing Emilee comes up with and take pictures of all the cute things Lily does. I pray that I will never know the pain that this family is having to deal with and my girls will always be healthy.

0 comments: