Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Mealtime drama

The past few nights have been horrible at dinner time. Both my girls are really good eaters, so when they don't eat it's really frustrating to me. With Lily being sick I completely understand why her appetite has changed but Emilee I think is just because she's being stubborn. She's refusing to eat dinner. This is the second night in a row that I'm sending her to bed with no dinner. I feel like such a horrible mom but what else do I do?? It's not that she's not hungry because she is she just doesn't want to eat what I fix. I'm not fixing anything weird and some of the things she even asks for and then I fix it and she won't eat it. It's the most frustrating thing EVER!! And I feel really bad for sending her to bed with nothing to eat, I just don't want her to think she can skip dinner and then get snacks later. I always offer her dinner again after her bath but she always tells me she doesn't want it. O well I guess she'll eat when she's hungry, it still makes me feel bad.

1 comments:

Mom said...

I know it's hard but don't worry about Emilee eating. We have all been through this at one time or another. Your Pediatrian always said "she will eat when she's hungry". The less pressure you put on Emilee the more likely she is to eat when she's ready. She is a little stubborn, so she's going to test you. My suggestion,for what it's worth, just don't mention her not eating. Have her sit at the table until you are through but don't say anything about her not eating. You are not being mean if she's going to bed hungry. I promise she will eat when she's hungry, she won't starve herself.
Good Luck.
Love,
Mom