Friday, January 9, 2009

Stay-at-home Mommyhood

I've been out of school for a little over a month now, which means I've been a stay at home mommy. This is something I always wanted to do and I was always so envious of people who could stay home. I've come to realize that I'm not too good at this who staying at home thing. I'm absolutely exhausted. I always knew Granny did alot for us while she was here but I guess I always took it for granted. She's amazing at everything. I don't understand how she can get so much accomplished in one day and I can't seem to finish a task. Yesterday I scrubed our kitchen floors, windexed all the windows, did some laundry and ironed and today you would have never known I did any of that. The back door has dog nose prints all over it, I have a pile of laundry needing to be folded and all the girls stuff to be ironed. Not to mention our dirty clothes basket. I feel like I washed every bottle in America yesterday and there's already more to be washed again. I just can't get a break.
I love my girls more than anything in the world I just think I'm reaching that point where I need some Mommy time. I need my hair cut and colored so back but I can't get in on a weekend for forever and I have no-one to watch the girls during the week. I've been up the past two nights coughing my lungs up and getting about 4 hours of sleep. I need a nap, a hair do and a paid shopping spree without kids. Oh and a maid for a week would be great too. So if anyone knows of a fairy god-mother who can get those things for me please let me know, I'm at my wits ends.
So to all the stay at home moms you have my complete respect. Staying at home is the hardest job in the world and it takes a very patient person to be able to do it. I'm glad I have this opportunity to spend more time with the girls and for the most part I've really enjoyed it, it's just time for a break.

0 comments: