Sunday, October 12, 2008

The ears, the staph and the rash.....

Well the past few days have been incredibly exciting in our house! Ok not really but they have been a little bit more crazy than normal. Wednesday Lily started running a 102 fever that would only go down with motrin or tylenol but would spike back up as soon as it wore off. At first I just thought it was teething but 102 is way to high for just teething. So first thing Thursday I called to get her an appointment and three hours later I finally get my appointment set up. I love not having to pay for insurance but at the same time I don't want my baby to suffer. So she ended up having an ear infection. We caught it pretty early so hopefully she'd start feeling better fast. After a miserable night with Lily on Thursday I woke up to find Emilee's ankle completely swollen and oozing. I know, gross. So finally after 2 hours of waiting for people to call me back I finally got her in to see the doctor. And yes my poor baby got a staph infection on her foot. I meant to take a picture of it but with all the kaos I forgot. It was so swollen you couldn't even see her ankle bone anymore. It was kinda reddish blue and really hot. The doctor called us in some strong medicine along with some cream. Both of which she gets three times a day.
So I finally start thinking that things are going to calm down. Well I bought Lily some different food yesterday when I went grocery shopping, she really seemed to like it except for the fact that she broke out in a horrible rash. We immediately stopped giving it to her but by that time it was all over. It didn't seem to bother her until about an hour after she went to sleep, she woke up screaming uncontrollably. At one point I thought she was going to pull her ears off, so I had no idea if it was from the rash or her ear infection. I called Katie and she calmed me down she told me to give her some benedryl. It helped. I'm not sure that it helped the rash but it atleast put her to sleep.
So it's been such an exhausting weekend. I'm so glad that Granny stayed the whole weekend, I probably would have lost my mind with out her. Oh and did I mention that I have 7 tests this week?!?!?! Well gotta go my fussy baby is crying again. And I think that this weekend has sealed the deal that we're only having 2 kids. I couldn't handle a fussy baby again.

Promise to post some pics soon....

3 comments:

The May Way said...

This week will be over before you know it. Good luck with all your tests this week!!!

Jaedeanne and Baby Ruby Catherine said...

Poor sweet kiddos - I hope that they get better soon! Ear infections are no fun.

Good luck on your tests! Miss you guys and love you bunches.

Mom said...

What a weekend you had. Glad everyone is on the mend.
Congrats on your Pharmacology Exam.
Excellent!!!! Have I told you I am very proud of you?
Hugs and Kisses to the Girls and will see you next week.
Mom