Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The end is nearing....insert panic here

Less than a month and I'll finally graduate. I say finally because seeing is how I've been out of high school for 11 years I should have graduated college along time ago. These past 2 years have gone by so fast, I can hardly believe it's the end. I have some amazing people in my class and I hope our friendships last through the years.

As happy as I am about being finished with school, I'm also scared to death. I have no fear of graduating, I know I'm fine there. It's the whole registry exam stuff that freaks me out. I have severe test anxiety, so much so that my Dr. gave me something to help. It helps a little but it also makes me really tired. So it's a trade off. My first test I take the week of graduation and costs $190. IF I pass that the first time then I can take my second test which is $390. That all fine and dandy if I pass them the first time!! ((Insert panic here)) My biggest fear is that I'm going to fail a test and all that money went down the drain. It's really hard for me to focus thinking of all the things that I could buy with that money. I talked to a therapist yesterday who had to take her CRT exam 3 times and her RRT 2 times. That's a grand total of $1350!!! Please God let me pass the first time.
On a positive note, the end also means that we're that much closer to moving home. I've been trying not to get too excited about it. I think that it'll all sink in once I get a job somewhere. I've been looking like crazy in the fort worth area and some in Dallas. Of course there is way more in Dallas than Fort Worth, but I'm just not willing to spend half my life driving back and forth. I miss home and I have been away for way too long.

3 comments:

Lisa and Ryan said...

you'll do great!! good luck!!

Alyssa and Kevin said...

Megan! I so hear ya! I too have test anxiety. It steered me in the communication direction because I knew I could counter balance my test F's with my A+ speeches.

So, as someone who totally knows where you are coming from... you can't look at that test and see $$$. You will psych yourself out. This pressure you are placing on yourself will not help either! :) If you can, look at it this way: if you don't pass (which you will, notice I said if) it's not money down the drain. NOW you KNOW what you are dealing with. This is all a moo point (a cow's opinion -Friends reference) because you are going to rock the TEST! :) Focus on each question! If I could pass the tests to become a teacher.. so can you!

-alright, was that enough cheering for you? If not, let me know! :)YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Megan said...

Awe thanks guys!!